Version Release Notes for Green Logic Systems version 2.00.14
You can print this Help File (or part of it) by selecting File>Print in your browser (formatted for printing).
Release Date: 16/11/2015
- New Feature - Service Reminders. New form added to 'Customer Admin Menu' to create a list of customers to contact based on last serviced date and/or date sold, with the option to select specific Workshop Job Types, Equipment Types, Makes or a specific Model - designed for product recalls.
- Fixed bug in Customer Debtors List whereby allocated payments were not reducing the outstanding balance of an invoice when looking at an historical point in time.
- Fixed Bug - Equipment Orders and Sales Orders 'Add New Model' errors and crashes caused when adding more than one new make/model to the sales stock list now fixed.
- New Feature - Added Gross Profit % field to Income Export - the resulting spreadsheet now shows a Gross Profit Column after the Grand Total, calculated from the 'Nett After Item Costs' and the 'Total Excl' columns.
Also added column totals to the 'Income Details' form.
- Update to Customer Details > Equipment Owned. The 'Export List' function now matches the 'Equipment to Display' filter, in that if you have selected 'Currently Owned', the list you export is only the currently owned machinery. Also added Serial Numbers to the exported list.
- Update - Changed 'Bank Account Statements' form to include new 'Show All' button that will show every transaction entered. This will allow users to find (and edit) transactions entered with incorrect dates e.g. 1015 instead of 2015.
Please Note: this may take a while to complete for accounts with thousands of transactions.
- Update - Product Registration form updated to include all equipment Serial Numbers and Customer Address on the pop-up form to hopefully speed up the product registration process. Can also be used to see the number of jobs undertaken/completed for any given date range.
- New Feature - Option to prompt user if they are trying to print an invoice to the customer 'Counter Sales'. Option can be found in 'Local System Variables' under the 'Invoice Form' section. Options are: 0 - Never prompt (default), 1 - Only prompt if Invoice not paid in full, 2 - Prompt for every Counter Sales Invoice.
- Bug Fix - Hire Equipment on Invoices with Discounts. Discounts are now correctly applied and updated.
- Bug Fix - changed mechanic 'Job Start / Next' form to prevent errors when manually selecting a job and then trying to re-print the jobcard.
- Fixed Bug whereby users were unable to select equipment to link to an invoice when the invoice was first opened. Link button '<>' now works immediately the invoice is opened or a customer selected.
- Bug Fixed - In 'Job Start / Next', mechanics were unable to log into a job manually if the same equipment was booked in more that once and one instance was due for collection.
- New Feature - Added button to PAF Settings to automatically open the Simply Postcode Manager.exe file where you can check and add new licenses without having to search for the file.
This should be done on the Server(PC) if possible.
- Fixed Bug when paying Expenditure Supplier Invoices whereby the payment date was being stored in US date format which was causing incorrect storage of dates from the first to the twelfth day of each month, where the day and the month could be reversed and still make sense. Please note that this fix will prevent future dates being stored incorrectly, but there is no way to tell which dates are back to front. So some future, back-dated, creditor lists may still show invoices as incorrectly being outstanding. Please let me know if this issue is causing problems with any particular invoices and I can connect up and rectify them manually.
- Bug Fixed - Edit Makes form was failing when merging Makes together via the 'Replace' button when both the un-wanted and the correct Makes both had items with the same part number associated with them. Changed the code to add a suffix of '-zz' to any parts belonging to the Make that you are replacing, i.e. the one selected before choosing a replacement. You may want to look at Item Stock for the newly merged make and see if there are any item records that need deleting or merging.
- Update - Equipment Sales History report updated to ignore all equipment invoiced and then refunded. Ignores both the original sale and the matching refund.
- New Feature - Customers on Stop form, listing all customers flagged as being on Stop, including their outstanding balance. Available via the 'Customer Admin Menu', although it does require 'Finance' 'Admin' permissions to enter it and produce the export spreadsheet.
- New Feature - Ability to export bank account transaction history for any selected date range. This will produce a spreadsheet with every transaction entered between the dates provided. Can be accessed from the 'Bank Accounts Statement' form where you'll find a new 'Export' button.
- Changed Expenditure Entry form. Bank Account Reference now accepts text up to 32 characters long and warns user if the text entered is too long.
- New Feature - Added customisable text field to the bottom of Pro-Forma Invoices, produced by Sales Orders. The text can be customised via the 'Printed Text' form in 'Database Setup'.
- Update to Item Book In process. Now, the code will automatically update the Item Cost price recorded against items and used to calculate the 'Nett After Item Costs' field in Income spreadsheets. Previously, if a part was added to an invoice, and the cost price wasn't known at point of order, the 'Cost of Items' field was left at 0.
- New Feature - added button to Invoices (small mechanic icon by Make & Model Info) that will open the Mechanic Manual Job Time recording form. Once you've selected the mechanic, the form will open on the current invoice/job, where you can add the time spent on a job by a mechanic manually, if you have the user permissions to do so.
- Bug Fix - resolved the issue where trying to delete a specific printer raised an error and failed to delete the printer.
- Update - Job Allocation form re-worked slightly to include a 'Search for Customer' box and tick boxes next to each of the other filter choices that will exclude that selection. e.g. you can now search for all jobs that are 'In Progress', but NOT 'Warranty' (in Job Type). The customer search field will also accept wildcards ( * for 1 or more unknown characters, ? for exactly one unknown character).
- Update - due to multiple requests, Delivery Notes no longer show any prices or payments or outstanding balances.
- Update - Customer find form - increased the number of results returned when searching for customers. Dealers have reported that the list returned for some searches were not returning the correct customer due to having more than 100 customers with names starting with 'SMI'. The search form will now look for the first 200 matches, which will hopefully resolve the issue without causing slowdown problems.
- New Feature - Item Sales History - form to allow you to view and export lists of items, along with their invoice values by date range and other criteria. Found in the Item Admin Menu.
- Fixed Bug - Expenditure Recurring Payments form - Expenditure Category column now correctly shows the Expenditure Category, rather than the payment descritption.
- Bug Fixed - Manual Item Entry form - added code to check the length of Item Number for a new part. Now the form will warn the user and prevent an error occurring.
- New Features - Suppliers - Added Spend History form which shows the Monthly and Annual spend by Items and Equipment. Please note that the values shown are by Cost Value.
Also added ability to print supplier labels.
- Fixed Bug - Expenditure Entry - corrected bug in setting Due Dates, whereby the due date was being shown incorrectly if the invoice date was changed.
- Feature Update - Customer Notes - added ability to Delete Notes - these will be permenantly deleted, and the action CANNOT be un-done. Also changed the form so that the 'Created By' user initials are automatically entered as the currently logged in user.
- New Feature - Job / Invoice Overview form now shows the Job Type of the Job so that users can see the Job Type with only one click from the Collection / Delivery list.
- New Feature - Product Registration - added list of website addresses associated with the equipment purchase supplier. Double clicking on the web address will open a browser and visit that page. A direct page for product registrations can be added to the supplier to speed up the registration process.
- New Feature - You can now print barcodes for Values as found in the Service Codes form. You can either print off an A4 copy, with one barcode for each pre-scripted Service Code (e.g. Labour, Consumables etc), grouped by Machinery Type, or you can print barcode labels for each one individually. The label print button can be found in the 'Edit' pop-up form.
- Update - Bank Account Debits & Credits form updated to flag dates yellow if the date entered is more than 4 months either side of the current date to hopefully notify user before they accidentally enter an improbable date.
- New Feature - added % button on completed invoices so that users can view the profit of an invoice. This mirrors the ability on live invoices, using the same button, but this time skips the discount options as seen on invoices.
- Fixed bug - new supplier name is automatically passed to the Add Supplier form when adding a new item from a new supplier.
- New Feature - When booking in parts for a workshop job that's on hold, the book-in form will offer to automatically release the Hold that is on the job if the item being booked in is the last one currently on order for that job.
- Update - When ticking a Contacts 'ML' tickbox, code now checks to see if the main Customer Account is marked as 'Do Not Mail' and warns the user if they tick the ML box.
- New Feature - Mechanic Job Log Off form - added Invoice Status selection box that allows the user to update the Invoice status as they log off a job. Please note that this does not effect the 'Job Progress', which is automated, only the 'Invoice Status'.
- New Features - Stock Adjustment History - added two new forms, available in the 'Management Menu' to show a history of Item and Equipment Stock Adjustments that have been made.