Version Release Notes for Green Logic Systems version 2.00.12
You can print this Help File (or part of it) by selecting File>Print in your browser (formatted for printing).
Release Date: 29/11/2013
Various speed issues addressed along with some bug fixes - see below for more details.
- Equipment Owned by Customer Details form - changed to show original purchase invoice in top list, so that the user can click to view the original purchase Invoice from here too.
Also changed the DOP date field so that the user can now change the Purchase Date associated with the equipment. This will NOT change the original invoice date if the equipment was purchased by the customer via Green Logic, just the date displayed here.
- Equipment Stock List / Equipment Add to Invoice form changed. Some dealers were experiencing unacceptably slow performance on this form once opened. To limit the network traffic and load on the server, I've had to re-code the form so that the filtering options in the top right corner no longer cascade update. Previously, if the user selected a particular Equipment Type, then all of the boxes below would update to show those matching the selected Type. The only box to continue to update is the Model field, which will update to match the selected Make, but will still ignore any other filter criteria and will always show every Model associated with the Make Selected.
This should improve form opening time when trying to add equipment to an Invoice or Sales Order and make navigating around the Equipment Stock List considerably faster.
Users who heavily relied on this feature may find it easier to use the text search field 'Find Models Containing' that will search the Model Name field and return any / all matches to whatever is typed in this search box.
Customer Equipment Owned tab in Customer Details no longer shows 'Date Last Serviced' as it was taking too long to calculate for some dealers, especially for customers with numerous machines and many years of invoice history in Green Logic. The removal of this information should significantly improve the forms opening time. Please note, the same information can be found by clicking on the binoculars button next to each item of equipment, where you'll see the previous invoices, along with the parts fitted.
Job Allocation List has also been changed to improve opening speed. You can now select multiple filter criteria, after which, you must then press the 'Filter on Selected' button to filter the list. This has been changed from the original behaviour where the form filtered automatically after each selection. This has been done to improve performance and to save you having to wait for one filter to apply before you can select additional filter criteria. This may result in a slightly slower filter operation, but should greatly improve both opening speed and general usability of the form for users with many jobs in the list or slower computers / networks.
- Item Details > Edit Purchase Information - fixed bug whereby reducing the booked in quantity would not allow the user to re-book the item in again at a later date if all of the original order quantity had been booked in.
- Customer Details > Individual Statement - Fixed bug whereby statements were showing entire transaction history for the customer, rather than just outstanding invoices as it should be.
- Invoice > Link Equipment to Counter Sales Invoice - Fixed the bug in the new feature that allows you to link an item of equipment to a counter sales type invoice once you've added a customer to it. Bug was manifest when trying to add equipment when the customer didn't already own one or more items of equipment.
- Invoicing / Customer Equipment Owned - Fixed bug whereby user could add an item of equipment to an invoice and then go into customer details > equipment owned and mark that equipment as no longer owned. This was causing further issues if the user then aborted the original invoice or removed the equipment from the invoice, which prevented the equipment from being available to add to the hire fleet.
- Item Book In from Purchase Order - Changed the form viewed by pressing the 'Show Details' button on the book in form. Now shows Invoice / Sales Order / Document / Job Number that the item was ordered for.
- Customer Detailed Account History form - fixed bug when opening the form for a customer that has not had any transaction history in the past year.
- Itemstore Price File updates - fixed bug whereby prices in Green Logic were not being updated if the user selected only decrease prices if no actual stock. Another bug has been fixed that was saying that all lines failed to update due to conversion errors, even when they were updating correctly.
- Equipment Details form - fixed bug whereby user couldn't tick or un-tick the 'Sales Stock Line' check box.
- Clock form - used for Mechanic Job Time and elsewhere - fixed bug whereby the form would open off of the visible screen and effectively lock up Green Logic as the form was waiting for the user to click Cancel or Continue, but the user was unable to get to the pop-up form to press either button.
- Hire Invoicing - fixed bug whereby the hire end date was being updated to the hire start date in error.