Version Release Notes for Green Logic Systems version 2.00.07
You can print this Help File (or part of it) by selecting File>Print in your browser (formatted for printing).
Release Date: 24/09/2012
Important Note: This update will make many changes and could take over an hour to run. Please do not let anyone open Green Logic Systems on any PC whilst this update is being run from the first PC it is installed onto.
Please also see: Release_Notes_version_2-00-06.html on the dealer update website. This version was released early to rectify a speed issue for one particular dealer, but did contain other updates that were already implemented. All of the issues addressed in 2-00-06 are included in this current 2-00-07 release, so you do not need to download it or do anything else to receive the updates listed in the release notes.
- Expenditure Recurring Payment form - fixed bug on viewing existing payment whereby the Gross payment amount was not updating when first viewing the recurring payment.
- Expenditure Suppliers - Added 'Payment Method' field to 'Payment History' tab, the list of payments made to an expenditure supplier.
- Job Entry Form - fixed bug when adding new Equipment and trying to 'Cancel & Close' the 'Add / Edit Equipment' pop-up form whereby it would not let the user exit without saving sometimes. Also changed column headings in the list of Serial Numbers.
- Customer Details - Prevent execution error when trying to send an email or open a web browser from the contact list when the PC in use does not have a default web browser or local email client configured. Now returns an error message with an error number, but doesn't exit the application. Any users exeperiencing this issue, please email the error details and number.
- Customer Accounts form - recoded form to speed up Payment Entry and Allocation. You can now also directly Allocate a Credit Note against an Invoice and also create negative payments to be used against Credit Notes. Apologies to any dealer whereby this update causes the return of +/- £0.01 outstanding transaction for historical invoices, but they can now all be rectified once and for all by editing the Payment Amount (having un-allocated) and then re-allocating the payment again.
- Item Ordering - Added button 'Del Stock Order Lines' to remove all lines on the Order (Not for Sales Orders or Invoices) that were added via 'Min/Max' or 'Days' Stock Order. Will leave all manually added lines on the current order.
- Contact Position & Contact Detail Type (e.g. 'Home Telephone', 'Website' etc) - Added new form from Admin Menu>Database Maintenance>Edit Contact Information - where this information can be updated and corrected.
- Invoice Details form - Added ability to change the 'Description' text that appears on an invoice for any Value field once an Invoice has been completed. You cannot change any values or edit Item or Equipment Lines and you must have Invoicing > Special Permissions to make any changes.
- Add New Customer form - Changed message and coding that prompts user to say that they haven't saved the Contact Details entered. You now have the option to press 'Yes' to edit/check and save the details (by pressing the 'Save Contact' button), or to press 'No' and ignore any data entered.