Version Release Notes for Green Logic Systems version 2.00.06
You can print this Help File (or part of it) by selecting File>Print in your browser (formatted for printing).
Release Date: 18/09/2012
Mid-version release issued to sort a couple speed issues for specific customers along with some general bug fixes.
- Fixed bug in Expenditure Entry that caused the programme to crash if the user entered a VAT amount greater than or equal to the Gross Invoice Total amount.
- Job Entry Form - Changed coding for the list of Equipment Owned so that there is now a limit of 65,000 machines that a Customer can own, previously, the limit was in the 100's, depending on the length of the serial numbers. This coding also rectifies the problems that arise when Serial Numbers contain certain characters - ' ; : , etc. Any character should now be usable within serial numbers, although as a 'best practice' with database data, I would recommend avoiding this characters if at all possible.
- Expenditure Suppliers - Changed the form to include Delete option and search facility to find the correct supplier, with a link to the main Expenditure 'Supplier Accounts' form, where unused suppliers can now be completely deleted (rather than those with history that can only be marked as deleted and hidden in future) and a 'Merge Suppliers' button where the current supplier history will be merged into the selected supplier and the current supplier record deleted permenantly.
- Printing Invoices & Reports - changed coding so that if the user presses 'Cancel & Close' at the 'Print Options' screen, Green Logic no longer displays the 'Printing Failed or was cancelled' message. This will now only be shown when any printer returns a failure to print message to Green Logic. This should also lessen the likelyhood of gaps in the Invoice Number sequence due to the Invoice number being 'held' by an invoice until the user confirms the message, at which point the invoice number is released again.
- Item Book-In form - made changes to speed up opening and selection of orders by Supplier or Purchase Order Number.
- User Logout Time changes - You can now set the logout time for each PC individually and also set the minimum logout level for each too. A new form has been added at Admin Menu > User Menu > Edit PC Default Settings, which will list all of the PC's on the network using Green Logic and allow you to alter the timeout periods.
- Changed Customer Details > Admin Tab to allow new 'User Types' to be entered in here.
- Counter Sales - some dealers have managed to enter Contact Names and Details for Counter Sales as a Customer, so some code has been changed to prevent users from being able to enter details against Counter Sales as a customer and this update will remove any existing Contact Names & Details should there be any present in your database.
- Item Barcode By Location report - fixed bug whereby the list was printing the Internal barcode number in place of the Manufacturers Part Number, so was showing the Internal Number twice. (Actually fixed in last update 2.00.05, but not added to the release notes for that update).
- Supplier Quick Edit List - Added new form to Database Maintenance Menu > Edit Main Suppliers to allow users to un-delete suppliers deleted in error. Delete coding in the main Supplier Details form will now try to fully delete a record if that Supplier has no related information attached to it, such as Purchase History or Contacts etc. If associated records are found, it will just mark the Supplier as Deleted.
- Workshop Job View / Edit details form - changed coding so that 'Internal Notes' button is highlighted when there are internal notes entered for that particular Job.
- Item Details - When deleting or merging Item records, the 'deleted' item now has its Manufacturers Barcode removed from the record as dealers have experienced problems when a barcode is re-used. This update will automatically remove the Manufacturers Barcodes that are already stored for items marked as deleted. No other Item barcodes will be affected.
- Sales Orders - Bug whereby pressing 'Order' for Items on a Sales Order that didn't require stock ordering for it would correctly ask the user if they wanted to order the item for stock, but previously failed to go any further. Users can now order items purely for stock from within any Sales Order.
- Fixed Customer Details > Purchase History list to correctly show 'Last Purchased' date when sorting column A>Z or Z>A.
- Job Allocation Daysheet report - fixed by whereby Completed Jobs were being printed on the Mechanics Daysheet incorrectly. Changes mean that 'Completed' Jobs no longer appear.
- Fixed bug in 'Completed Invoices' form whereby Customers that have only had aborted Invoices started (and hence no actual invoice history to show), still appeared in the customer list, but caused Green Logic to crash when selected.
- Fixed bugs in Expenditure Entry form whereby the VAT field would go blank and fail to calculate VAT correctly after an entry with Zero VAT had been entered. Fixed bug that failed to update the VAT Amount and Nett Values if a VAT rate of Zero was selected. Changed coding so that Supplier Details remain when entering a second line entry for the same supplier.
- Collection / Delivery Run report - changed coding behind the report to speed up printing. Although users may experience a slightly longer delay before the 'Print Options' form appears, the total time to print should be considerably reduced for those dealers experiencing a slowing of operation.
- Collection & Delivery Run form - changed coding when opening the form with no Runs entered. Previously, the lower right hand list would then show all previously completed collections / deliveries and was causing some confusion. It will now remain blank when no runs are present.
- Collection & Delivery Runs - changed coding so that Users with Workshop - Add/Edit permissions can now create new runs and Users with Workshop - Admin permissions can delete an existing Run. Previously, only users with full Admin permissions could create & delete runs.
- Collection & Delivery 'Add / Edit Collections & Deliveries' form now highlights the Job/Inv/Doc Number in Yellow for any lines that have notes associated with them - as previously, click on the line to see the notes at the bottom of the form.
- Jobcards - Added field at the top of printed jobcards to show the Collection Date. If not for collection, then nothing appears. If only on the collection / delivery pending list, then the wording 'Collection: Pending' is shown instead.
- Collection & Delivery Reports now shows the Postcode (if entered) for lines Manually added to a collection / delivery run.
- Collection & Delivery form - Added prompt when users arrange a collection / delivery for customers with one or more delivery address without selecting a delivery address. This is in response to dealers reporting that collections / deliveries are being arranged and the driver is going to the main account address, only to find that it should have been picked up from a different site.
- Item Stock Valuation - removed the 'Export Current Stock Levels of Items with History' valuation option. This was originally added to offer a quicker overview of current stock, but with the introduction of the separate 'ItemStore' database is now redundant as it is often slower than the full, 'true', valuation calculation performed by the main Export button.