Version Release Notes for Green Logic Systems version 2.00.04
You can print this Help File (or part of it) by selecting File>Print in your browser (formatted for printing).
Release Date: 18/04/2012
Please read below for a list of new features and bug fixes addressed in this latest release.
You can save this file to your computer for future reference by right mouse clicking the link 'Release Notes version 2-00-04.html' and selecting 'Save Target As' or 'Save File As' and then choosing a location on your PC to save the document to.
The biggest change is the introduction of the ItemStore database, which will be created on your server, alongside the main data file, into which you can upload as many manufacturers Price Files as you like, without detrimental effect on the operational speed of Green Logic Systems. See the notes below detailing that particular feature for more information.
- Fixed bug in Mechanic Job Time Manual Time Entry form to not cause potential time rounding issues in the Mechanic Job Time Reports.
- Changed coding in Invoices and Credit Notes to automatically update the Invoice Status to 'Invoice Complete' when they are printed.
- Fixed Issue with Windows 7 PC's printing certain documents with an extra blank page at the end, or a redundant page with just a repeat or the last 'proper' pages header on it.
Also changed Edit Makes form (in Database Maintenance Menu) so that the Print List button now brings up the Print Options form, rather than just printing directly to the default printer.
- Changed PAF Settings form (Database Setup Menu) to add a button to find the PAF folder on the Server, rather than having to do it manually.
Changed coding in startup routine to prevent the PAF Path being reset, which happens to some users periodically.
- Changed behaviour in Invoice Discounts pop-up form. Now allows the user to enter a negative discount to increase prices without showing a negative discount. Please note increasing the prices means that pressing 'Remove All' later will not affect the price entered as the Unit Price, it will only remove any value in the Discount column.
- Changed User Name Badge to improve look by moving Name and Position to the right - previously printed right up to the left hand edge of the label.
- Enabled printing of Invoice Status List - prints a report matching the on-screen selections made.
Also fixed a bug in the same form whereby the Invoice Status shown was not always the correct, latest status.
- Changed coding to ensure that no items can be added to a completed invoice from within the Item Stock List, if another user completes an invoice on another PC.
- Added 'Delete Item Record' button to Item Details form. This will completely delete an item record if there are no purchases or sales of this item, otherwise it will mark the item as deleted, so that it can't be selected again.
- Changed the Invoice form to prevent the user from Adding a Customer to a Counter Sales Invoice once Payment has been taken as the payment will already have been allocated to the 'Counter Sales' Customer Account.
- Fixed bug in Customer Notes form whereby there was no vertical scroll bar to enable the user to see more than the top 8 notes.
- Re-sized and changed opening position of some forms that opened partially off-screen or too large to fit on screen.
- Fixed bug in Item Stock List whereby Manufacturers Barcodes were not being found. Now correctly finds both Internal and Manufacturers Barcodes.
- Changed Till Reconcilliation Reports to show Invoice Numbers against Payments that have been allocated. If one payment has been made against multiple invoices, it will list all of the invoices. If the payment was taken as a Workshop Job Deposit or part payment, then it will show the Job Number. If payment was part payment against an open invoice it will show the Document Number. Only completed, printed Invoices will show the Invoice Number. If the Payment has not yet been allocated, it won't show any numbers in that column.
- Changed coding so that Users can not scan barcode badges to gain access to higher level functions within Green Logic Systems. Users must type in a password to gain access to all areas in 'Finance' section and elsewhere with higher permission levels. This is to prevent access to users who may find a name badge for a higher level user.
- Fixed bug in Item Book-In List report whereby the Total Stock Quantity column was showing an incorrect Stock Quantity.
- Added new Local System Variable to pop-up message with the Job Number of a newly created Workshop Job. On succesful completion of the Job Entry, as the form closes, it will display a message with the new Job Number. This can be turned on or off in Local System Variables - Job Entry Form - Show pop-up message with Job Number on completing Job Entry - set to -1 to show the message or 0 to not show it.
- Added additional fields to record the current logged in user who creates an Invoice or Workshop Job and the User who completes / prints an Invoice. This information is now shown in the Invoice form, the Invoice Detail form and the Workshop Job Details form, as well as being used on Printed Invoices, Delivery Notes etc. This change means that any reprints of invoices will show the correct users initials of the person that printed the original copy. This change does however mean that none of this information will be available to any invoices printed prior to this update, they will now re-print without any initials on at all.
- Added new ItemStore database to store Manufacturers Price Files in separately to the main Item Stock List. This will allow you to load up as many price files as you like without it having any impact on the speed or efficiency of the rest of the programme.
There is a whole new menu 'ItemStore Menu' which can be found in the 'Item Admin' menu. This will allow you to create a brand new ItemStore database on your server and this is also where you can import and update price files.
The process of importing price files has also changed. There are more options for selecting different makes and departments from within a single price file, along with greater flexibility for updating prices. Once the Price Files have been imported / updated into the ItemStore database (the slow part of the process), you can then update the prices in the Item Stock List (to match the ItemStore prices) very quickly, which limits the amount of time that other users cannot access Green Logic Systems.
- Fixed bug in Item Stock List whereby having pressed the 'Invoice' button against an Item, the Workshop Job Barcode scanning wasn't always finding the Workshop Job.
- Changed Item Stock List to show all items, both with and without history. Now also shows Free Stock Qty and Free on Order Quantities without the user having to press 'Show Stock'.
If you have loaded many manufacturers Price Files onto Green Logic Systems, this will slow the opening of this form down. Creating a new ItemStore database and 'Cleaning' the Stock List should give considerable speed improvements to the opening of this form and the searching of Items within it.
Please report back to me on any speed or opening issues you are having with this current version.
- Replaced Item Manual Book-In form with a new version. This version allows the user to scan Barcodes to identify items and fixes previous issues with having to use the mouse to move around the form.
Will also search the ItemStore database for both manufacturers barcodes and item numbers and automatically bring those items into the main Green Logic Systems Stock List if found.
- Added new fields to Item records for Item Weight and Item Weight Unit. The first is for the weight of a single item in its packaging, and the second is the unit of weight e.g. kg, oz, lb etc.
Increased the number of characters that can be used in Item Descriptions from 64 to 128 - Please note that long descriptions will span 2 lines on an invoice and will be truncated when printed on a jobcard.
- Item Find form has been changed so that the 'Enter Item Number' field now shows all lines in the Stock List (that are not marked as deleted) and now also includes a 'Make' column so that Items with the same Manufacturers Item Number, but different Makes can now be identified and selected correctly.
Also changed coding when scanning barcodes or entering Item Numbers to search the ItemStore database (once created by the user) and it will now offer to create a new Item record in the Item Stock list with the ItemStore Price File information.
- Two new pdf documents, with step-by-step instructions and screen images, on updating Green Logic Systems client versions on your PC's. One version is for computers running Windows XP, and the other for PC's running Windows 7. These are available to download at the same time and web address as the latest version release.
- Fixed bug in Manual Mechanic Job Time Entry form whereby the user couldn't change the Date when entering a Start and End Time.
- Added option to print more than one copy of a Till Receipt for Invoices. Dealers with Till Receipt Printers wanting more than one copy can change the Local System Variable 'Number of Copies of Till Receipt Printer Receipts' which can be found under the Form Name of 'Invoice Form'. This setting will always print the number of copies requested for Invoices only, where a Till Receipt Printer is present.
- Various Spelling Mistakes corrected - please let me know if (when) you find any more!
- Corrected 'Item Book In' form to show the 'i' prefix in front of the 'Internal #'.